Monday 28 December 2009

Project 19: Multiple Points









In this project, I will attempt one of 3 basic skills of photography, namely to group objects together in such a way that they are linked attractively, in a relationship that is active rather than obvious and static. Creating still life arrangements is something that I do find quite difficult, and tend to approach on a trial and error basis. From my experiences on a photo sharing site, it was clear that some people found this much easier than me.

The first task is to find between 6 & 10 similar sized objects, each compact in shape, using an unfussy but not entirely plain background. I chose coloured marbles displayed against a background of stones, to contrast the smooth coloured spheres against the rough, bland coloured stones. The arrangement I had in mind was a fibonacci spiral, using the brightest marble in the centre to draw the eye into the spiral. I did move some of the background stones to accomodate this. I did not feel that this was a particularly inspiring image, although I think the arrangement does work quite well and the pattern does not look too forced. I think the image is let down because the subject matter lacks interest, and would have perhaps been better using rose petals
or something "prettier".

No comments:

Post a Comment