Wednesday 17 February 2010

Project 33: Making a Slide Library of Colours - Secondary Colours

For this project I decided not to upload the 3 different exposures for the 3 secondary colours as I feel I have grasped the impact of exposure on colour by now. However I managed to scan a copy of the colour wheel and use this for colour samples in Photoshop. This allowed much closer comparison of the colours in my images against the sampled colours from the wheel as I used the latter to frame each of the images. Remarkably, the violet images were closest in purity to the colour wheel. Images that I considered orange contained large amounts of yellow impurities. What was also apparent is that I naturally chose flowers and foodstuffs for this project, although in the UK winter they are the richest sources of secondary colours. As the course goes on, and particularly in Assignment 2, I will ensure that my colour subjects are much wider.






No comments:

Post a Comment