Monday 4 January 2010

Project 22: Curves




















































































I found this the easiest "line" to construct in compositions. I liked the description in the notes of a curve having a sense of movement and direction, and also for evoking smoothness, grace & elegance.

I found a number of images from my "archives" which contained curves, as they had appealed to me by virtue of the curve in the composition. I have included one which shows how a curve was introduced into the composition by choosing the appropriate viewpoint on the bridge. I have similar shots taken from a steam train. Although dependent on the subject matter, I find curves the most attractive "line" in a composition, in that the curve itself can distinguish a shot where a vertical or horizontal line is not so inherently attractive in itself.
Since "finishing" this project I am finding more curves around me, including a lovely curved track in the snow whilst out walking the dog, hence there's more than the prerequisite 4 images!








No comments:

Post a Comment