Saturday 16 January 2010

Project 28: Rhythms and Patterns








For this project, the requirement was to produce one picture conveying rhythm and one picture conveying pattern. I don't think any of the pictures I took are particularly inspiring however it has certainly given me plenty food for thought. I find that many patterns can also convey rhythm (to me anyway), but the notes state that the main difference between them is that rhythm is to do with movement across a picture i.e. there is a direction for the eye to follow. Due to circumstances, I chose to take some of these shots at work (where I currently spend my daylight hours) and this opened my eyes to how modern architecture provides quite a rich source of both rhythm and pattern. Thinking about it, architecture through most ages probably does, for example the streets of Bath and Victorian terraces that go on an on.

I also had the idea that birds perched on a wire, taken from a certain angle, could produce an image with rhythm. I will upload this when I have the opportunity to find such an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment